Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ was released a few weeks ago and I can’t wait to receive mine.
The newest iteration of the Raspberry Pi features:
- 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core Cortex-A53 (ARMv8) CPU
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
- Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0
- Power-over-Ethernet support
- Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
- Improved thermal management
The Raspberry Pi Foundation put out a very nicely done YouTube video where they introduce and discuss the various changes that have been made to this version.
I still haven’t decided what I’ll do with my current Raspberry Pis once I get this one though.
Aside from the obvious option of just leaving them alone I have played with the idea of turning my existing Raspberry Pi 3 into a FreedomBox or installing Pi-hole, a DNS sinkhole, on it to block advertisements and potentially retiring my old Raspberry Pi B+ which is now filling that role.
Please feel free to leave your comments and suggestions below. If you liked this article, please also consider sharing it with your friends.